Thursday, February 6, 2020

New Map of Restenford

A one f. Seran has drawn up--by hand--this very nice illustrated map of Restenford. As with all the best maps, it is in French. Extra nice touches include:

  • a dude getting in some rowing (sculling?) out on the Restin River
  • not one but two sets of gallows (potences?); one at each gatehouse.
  • some jagged rocks to the shoreline south of the Restin mouth. Or maybe they're icebergs?
  • an awesome ship out in the bay waiting for the tide to change so that it can sail into port. Or maybe that's the crew rowing to shore in the nearby skiff.
  • the "burnt out guard station"
Anyway, I think this is a wonderful illustrated map and so should you. Thank you f. Seran for your contribution to the field of Lendorology.

4 comments:

grodog said...

A very nice find, Tim!

F. Seran's work seems to be somewhat based on some of the other John-Speed-style maps of Restenford/etc. published by Ron Calbick (which you mentioned in the past year or so). However, it's got a more "in world" vibe and I could definitely see it being used a a player handout, which is quite cool =)

Allan.

Dwayne said...

Nice map. Glad to see a new post.

Fred Le Nervien said...

Oh Thanks !
A post just for me,it's an honor.
I am very happy that you like my illustration.
If you are interested when I played with the modules L1 and L2, I want to improve the immersion for my players and so I drew the region and the city of Garrot.
I guess it's a little less good but it's do the job to play. May be you will find an u-interest in.
It's on my deviant art page.
https://www.deviantart.com/search?q=fred%20nervien
Thanks again and enjoy

davy said...

I'm delighted to see more content on this blog. Please keep going!